An open source digital archives system focused on long-term storage
Up2U DSpace is an open source repository software package typically used for creating open access repositories for scholarly and/or published digital content. While Up2U DSpace shares some feature overlap with content management systems and document management systems, the Up2U DSpace repository software serves a specific need as a digital archives system, focused on the long-term storage, access and preservation of digital content.
- Free open source software.
- Completely customizable to fit user needs.
- Manage and preserve all format of digital content (PDF,Word, JPEG, MPEG, TIFF files
- Customizable search.
- Unicode Facility.
- Content exposure through various interfaces (OAI-PMH, SWORD, Linked Data, REST API)
- Persistent identification using:
- Content ingestion
- Protocols (OAI-PMH harvesting, SWORD, Simple Archive,OAI, arXiv,PubMed, CrossRef, CiNii)
- Bibliographic formats (Endnote, BibTex, RIS, TSV, CSV)
- Various authentication methods offered out of the box.
- Password based
- IP authentication
- X.509 Certificate authentication
- Usage statistics.
- Google analytics.
- Elastic Search usage analytics.
- SOLR analytics.