Create, share and reuse interactive HTML5 content
H5P makes it easy to create, share and reuse HTML5 content and applications. H5P empowers everyone to create rich and interactive web experiences more efficiently – all you need is a web browser and a web site with an H5P plugin. With H5P, authors may create and edit interactive videos, presentations, games, advertisements and more.
- Create – Richer HTML5 content in existing publishing platforms
- Share – Content seamlessly across any H5P capable site
- Reuse and modify – Content in your browser at any time
- Supported frameworks: WordPress, Drupal and Moodle
- Responsive and mobile friendly
- Free to use
- Moodle integration
Search, find and re-use open multimedia resources across Europe
The eduOER service of GÉANT is an Open Educational Resource (OER) metadata aggregation hub and portal service with the aim at facilitating access to digital multimedia content at the European level in the form of repositories, infrastructures and services.
Content repositories at any size or maturity are invited to offer metadata to the eduOER hub and openly exchange information about their materials for the benefit of open education and research. eduOER sets the barrier of entry low and supports the development of repositories in order to reach the critical mass.
An open source digital archives system focused on long-term storage
Up2U DSpace is an open source repository software package typically used for creating open access repositories for scholarly and/or published digital content. While Up2U DSpace shares some feature overlap with content management systems and document management systems, the Up2U DSpace repository software serves a specific need as a digital archives system, focused on the long-term storage, access and preservation of digital content.
- Free open source software.
- Completely customizable to fit user needs.
- Manage and preserve all format of digital content (PDF,Word, JPEG, MPEG, TIFF files
- Customizable search.
- Unicode Facility.
- Content exposure through various interfaces (OAI-PMH, SWORD, Linked Data, REST API)
- Persistent identification using:
- Content ingestion
- Protocols (OAI-PMH harvesting, SWORD, Simple Archive,OAI, arXiv,PubMed, CrossRef, CiNii)
- Bibliographic formats (Endnote, BibTex, RIS, TSV, CSV)
- Various authentication methods offered out of the box.
- Password based
- IP authentication
- X.509 Certificate authentication
- Usage statistics.
- Google analytics.
- Elastic Search usage analytics.
- SOLR analytics.
The Platform for Interactive Data Analysis in the Cloud
SWAN is a turn-key platform to produce rich notebooks using a simple web interface. Users only have to pick their preferred browser and can immediately start to build their notebooks combining rich text, code, equations, plots, pictures, and videos. SWAN is based Jupyter Notebooks and uses CERNBox as home directory for its users. As a consequence, all files in CERNBox can be seamlessly used in a SWAN notebook while the notebook itself can be shared on the cloud.
- Only a web browser needed: Users do not have to take care of any installation or configuration step. The full stack of functionalities provided by SWAN can be accessed via a common web browser.
- Storage based on CERNBox: All the files stored by users in CERNBox are immediately available in SWAN. Conversely, produced notebooks are stored in the cloud and inherit all the advanced sharing functionalities provided by CERNBox. As result, a SWAN user can produce a notebook, share it with her colleagues, and facilitate its dissemination, reuse, and further development.
- Include pictures, videos, and sound: SWAN notebooks allow the use of Markdown and HTML markup languages to produce formatted text enriched by hyperlinks, pictures, and videos.
- Storage and computations are offloaded to the cloud: Users do not need to reserve storage or computational power on their machine. Both types of resources are demanded to the cloud and users can take advantage of them via a simple web interface.
- Availability of scientific libraries: SWAN automatically retrieves software packages from CVMFS, a software distribution system used by the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid. This constitutes an interface to potentially access widely-adopted scientific libraries being constantly maintained and updated.